Improving our products will improve your products.
- High-performance insulation that dramatically saves energy.
- Free of formaldehyde insulations for superior indoor air quality.
- Hydrophobic insulations that prevent added water weight.
These are the kinds of innovations that expand the boundaries of what insulation, and your products, can do. They are the result of our dedication to enhancing the science of manufacturing.
The Johns Manville Technical Center; Where Tomorrow Gets Tested
The Johns Manville Technical Center, located near Denver, Colorado, performs in-depth testing of all OEM material insulations. It is an important component of our product development and quality assurance programs, and it is available for specific customer product testing. Many of its facilities and capabilities are accredited with NVLAP (NIST's National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program) and include:
- Acoustical Testing Capabilities such as
- Sound absorption
- Sound intensity mapping
- Electron Microscopy and Surface Analysis
- Heat Transfer Testing (K-values)
- Fire Testing for time-temperature profiles, flame spread and smoke density
- Physical Testing including mechanical and moisture resistance properties of insulations